Saturday, June 2, 2012

Home again, Home again jiggity-jig

As many of you know I have returned to the Longs Peak area of Colorado where I was a summer missionary two years ago. That summer was truly the most pivotal of my life as the Lord used the people here to teach me what it means to live missionaly and to open my eyes to the mission field all around me.After I left Colorado that summer, I thought about going back every single day.

 The mark made on me was substantial, and I knew I could never live the same. I often wondered if there was something the Lord still had for me here and if I would ever return. By the grace of God, here I am in Colorado once again. This time, while I am still here to build relationships and share Christ with the locals, I will be a missional correspondent telling the story of how God is working in the different church plants throughout the Front Range of CO. I feel incredibly privileged to be doing this as being in Colorado and getting to write is a dream job for me.

The fact that the Lord (and thanks to John Howeth for his help and mentorship) is allowing me to do it as an "internship" is amazing to me. I still don't think I'm over it. :) The verse I named this blog after is so true:

 "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than we could ever ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever, Amen!" Ephesians 3: 19-21

 What the Lord has done in my life has always surpassed anything I could have ever come up with for myself. This summer I will be using this same blog that I used two years ago as a missionary to keep everyone updated on what's happening here and to talk about little adventures I'm having.

 Today is my first day back! Dad and I drove from Austin to Denver yesterday and then this morning after dropping Dad off at the airport I headed over to Loveland where I will be staying with the Howeth family. They have graciously opened up their home to me once again and I am so thankful for them! They were basically my colorado fam in 2010 so it is so fun getting to be with them again. Hence the blog title... ;) Currently I am watching spongebob with their 11 year old Alex while I blog. Like I said.. right at home. I am looking forward to getting reunited with other fort collins friends in the coming week! Ive missed everyone a ton.

Tonight, John's daughter (also in college and home for the summer, aka my roomie!!) Anne and I are going to visit a Cowboy church up right next to the Devil's Backbone in Loveland to see what their church service is like. Yeehaw! ha 

Okay thats all for now..


 Please pray for the people that the churches are reaching here in CO. Pray for me too as I venture to tell the story of God at work and that I will have His words and not my own!! I appreciate all of your prayers and support more than you know. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment