Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Full Week and a Full Update...

It has been quite the week here in Colorado. The two new summer missionaries, Kali and Gabby,  got here on Tuesday from Texas. I love em already. They are incredible, Godly women that will surely touch lives as they love on Fort Collins. Gabby is on the left and Kali on the right!


We went through the traditional orientation on Wednesday. And as tradition goes we did a personality profile... I think those things dont know what to do with me because I am 3 all combined into one. Welp only God knows haha

Thursday we went to Denver for the Front Range church plant coalition meeting at the Colorado Baptist General Convention building. I got to meet some great people including the media coordinator for the CBGC who taught me some helpful photography and video tips. I have had very little training in both of these areas so I was thankful for all the info i could get!! 


That was just a cool day for me in general. I realized how God had been orchestrating this whole thing since the day that I left Fort Collins back in 2010. I am so humbled that He would choose to use me. As I listened to their meeting and got assignments I knew immediately that this was a task beyond my current skill level but felt at peace remembering that in my weaknesses God shines through all the more. I dont think I ever believed in the saying, "God doesn't call the equipped, but He equips the called," more than I do now. But I'm excited and encouraged to see how God is moving through Colorado church planters. 

Also had the chance to take advantage of all the greatness that CO has to offer and hiked Horsetooth twice this week! Once with the summer missionaries and John and then again the next day with Anne and John. Its a great hike right here in Foco that we plan to do a few more times. We want to build up to doing the difficult fourteener Longs Peak by the end of the summer!!



Tonight we got to see Matt Kearney in concert at the Taste of Fort Collins festival. All the fun was slightly ironic the High Park wildfires burn nearby. It was eerie to watch the smoke slowly creep over the city as we sang along with Kearney.... Be praying for the fires to get under control. The summer mishies are spending the night with us tonight in Loveland to get away from all the smoke in town!





This morning John, Anne and I visited Life Song Church in Erie (about 45 min from Loveland). They were dedicating the building they have been renting for 5 years and have now been able to purchase. Friends of the church spoke and a beautiful message of total selflessness and abandon to expand God's kingdom rang through each message. I was touched by the genuine spirit of the people in this group of believers and their dedication to seeing the Gospel spread.






I miss everyone back in TX and appreciate your prayers so much. I will be in Colorado Springs all this next week to visit several more church plants and a youth camp focusing on church planting called Power Plant. Looking forward to heading to a city I have yet to visit and getting the opportunity to meet some more awesome people. Please pray for wisdom and the ability to hear and tell the stories that God wants me to share that will encourage and point people to Him. Thanks and gigs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment